Thursday, May 15, 2008

Vermejo Tomorrow

In the morning, I'm following Les, William & Harriett up to the lodge. Les thinks that there is only one stretch of road where I might have a problem because it is 'slippery than shit'. I think he called it the 'Old Mine Road'. Sounds like Shaggy or possibly Thelma might have named it. Apparently it's steep and has a certain fecal viscosity that is going to give me trouble. Worst case, I'll leave the bike, jump in someone else's vehicle, and deal with it later. My ability to get the bike up to the lodge will not prevent Leigh having her special day.

We are going to bed feeling pretty good about our prospects to get to Number One. It is supposed to be nice weather tomorrow. I'm feeling relaxed about everything now that Leigh's family is here. If things don't work out, we'll all figure out what to do together.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Rob's mom said he is on his way home-I know I called her because there havent been any posts for 2 days. FYI for all of you who may be worried. I know that there are more than 2 of you.