Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Proposed Travel Itinerary

The following is my itinerary for my trip to Raton. This is what I’m thinking as of this moment, but please don’t hold me to it. It could change while I’m en-route due to certain circumstances such as if my ass hurts bad or because of the fact that I have not made any reservations anywhere. I’m traveling mostly through Indian country where you shouldn’t need a reservation. I plan on using that joke a lot on my trip because I’m sure they haven’t heard that one before during check-in and it should get me preferential treatment. That and my Choctaw heritage should get me in the door most places.

I will have my cell phone with me. It will be off. Generally, I plan on getting as far as I can by Monday morning and then only riding in the afternoon when the weather is worse and darkness is coming. I’m going to try and work from 7AM to Noon and then leave on the next leg. I may end up getting to work late and leaving early so don’t hold me to that either.

I will try to update this blog daily provided I have an internet connection so you will know where I am and where I think I’m going.

Friday 5/9 Departing Redding

Day 1: Redding to Reno, 197 miles
Day 2: Reno to Las Vegas, 448 miles
Day 3: Las Vegas to Grand Canyon Village, 277 miles
Day 4: Grand Canyon Village to Chinle, 258 miles
Day 5: Chinle to Durango, 185 miles
Day 6: Durango to Taos, 200 miles
Day 7: Taos to Raton, 99 miles

Arriving in Raton on 5/15

If you don’t hear from me when you expect to, please don’t worry. While I have spent the last few years, and more recently with a therapist, discovering what a moron I am, I’m not totally bereft of experience and common sense. Besides, I’ve had my motorcycle for like three or four weeks now and I took a two-day class on how to ride it.

No comments: